Rear-End Accident Lawyers in Chico
Legal Help for the Most Common Type of Auto Accident
One of the most common types of accidents are rear-end crashes. At first blush, one might assume these are typically“minor” accidents that don’t inflict severe injuries. However, in the experience of our Chico car accident attorneys, even a seemingly minor rear-end crash can cause painful injuries, such as concussions, fractured vertebrae, or major sprains of the spine.
What You Don't Know Can Hurt You
Normally, a driver crashing into the back of another vehicle will be considered at fault for that accident. Juries will assume that the first driver wasn’t paying attention, or that they were traveling too quickly for the prevailing conditions. Under those circumstances, what’s left to fight about?
The same things that insurance companies fight over in most accident cases:
- Did you have the injuries before the accident?
- Did the cars sustain enough damage that injuries could have been inflicted?
- Did you seek medical help soon enough?
- Did you go to the right doctor?
- Did you remember to complain about every pain or injury you got in the rear-end accident?
- Did you visit the doctor too many times?
- Did you not go to the doctor enough?
- Did that doctor charge too much?
- Did your doctor tell you to do treatments that didn’t work?
- Why didn’t your doctor suggest treatments that most likely would not work, just in case they would have worked?
Insurance companies are always trying to pay as little as possible on your claim. Even in cases where their driver is obviously at fault, they may try to blame you or any other vehicles involved in the accident. In doing so, they’ll usually interview people involved in rear-end collisions as soon as possible, and extract statements from injured claimants that are later used to devalue legitimate claims. And even if fault isn’t an issue, we can guarantee you something else will be!
Any number of factors out of your control can make even a “simple” rear-end collision difficult to prosecute. People injured in rear-end accidents should retain an experienced Chico personal injury attorney – we can do the heavy lifting while you rest and recover from your injuries.
Call our firm today at (877) 620-1371 to schedule your free initial case consultation.