Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Redding
Experienced Legal Guidance
If you are familiar with The Fellowship of the Ring, you know that Bilbo was right to warn Frodo about the possibility of being swept away by dangerous forces on the road. However, he may not have been talking about the same kind of danger that we face every day. In our world, people need to worry about being swept off of their feet by an oncoming car, truck, or motorcycle. Thankfully, our pedestrian accident attorney in Redding has decades of experience defending clients that have been involved in these tragic accidents.
The California Vehicle Code requires drivers to observe these pedestrian laws:
- A pedestrian crossing the roadway or intersection in a marked or unmarked crosswalk has the right of way
- Pedestrians are held responsible if they are hit by a car while jaywalking
- If a blind pedestrian pulls his or her cane inward and steps away from the curb, it can be assumed that he or she will not be crossing the street. Stop within five feet of the intersection
- A driver must never stop in a crosswalk because it can put the crossing pedestrians at risk
- Do not pass a vehicle that is stopped at a crosswalk because they may be letting a pedestrian cross
- A driver must only cross the sidewalk when entering or exiting a parking lot, garage, or alleyway and must always yield to pedestrians when doing so
You Don’t Have to Go Through This Alone
People are driving too fast these days and pay too little attention to the road, while innocent pedestrians are just trying to safely make it across the street. As you might expect, the injuries from these types of accidents can be catastrophic, as there is no frame, airbags, or seatbelts to protect you or your family from the traumatic impact of the three-ton mass of metal that hit you. After the accident, you can be left brutalized, broken, and unsure how to recover.
Insurance companies presented with such a situation will take every advantage of their victim, whom they know is in the throes of a recent, serious trauma. You have no business dealing with the resources, tricks, and tactics of the insurance industry while you’re in such a state. That is why our Redding personal injury lawyer is here to provide the support and legal guidance that you need.
When clients contact us, they quickly realize how much they appreciate being represented by The Law Offices of Max G. Arnold. Contact us at (877) 620-1371 for a free case evaluation.