Dog Bite Accident Lawyer in Redding
Giving You the Help You Need
A dog bite or dog attack can be a very traumatic experience for anyone and can result in so much more than just physical pain. Once you have been bitten by a dog, you are left with many questions. You may not be sure what steps to take or what to do. One of the first questions you may ask yourself is if your insurance is going to cover this incident. Fortunately, our dog bite accident attorney in Redding can answer your questions and help you determine the legal road ahead.
We have compiled answers to most of the common questions associated with dog bites in your area. They include:
- Make medical attention your top priority. This is essential if you have been bitten by a strange dog. Even a small, non-threatening bite can lead to severe infections and other life-threatening illnesses
- If the dog’s owner has homeowners insurance, the bite will likely be covered by that policy. Try to obtain that information as soon as possible
- Keep written and photographic evidence. One of the first things you should do is document the attack with photographs as soon as possible. The Law Offices of Max G. Arnold can help you document your injuries and find a doctor that is right for you
- In the state of California, we have the “Dog Bite Statue,” which simply means that the owner is held responsible for the dog’s actions in the event of an attack. While this may seem like a clear-cut law, there are issues with determining liability. Our legal team can help you with all of the complexities of this law
- Talk to the neighbors in the area and find out if any of them have had problems with the dog in the past. If the neighbors are unsure or not around, make a call to the local animal shelter. We can also be your eyes and ears on the street and do all of the work for you while you take time to recover
Committed to Our Clients
You may be feeling overwhelmed by this whole experience, which is completely understandable. Thankfully, having an experienced accident attorney by your side can make your life a lot easier. Our Redding personal injury lawyer can help you get back on track with your day-to-day life as we work to give you the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
To learn more about what to do after being bitten by a dog, contact us at :P:Site:Phone}.